- At least 3 years of professional experience in leading an analytics function at a technology or product company
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team members as well as experience in scaling and developing high performance teams
- Deep understanding of statistical analysis and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Hands-on experience with BI/visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
- Familiarity with Cloud data warehousing (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake) and ETL/ELT solutions as well as data pipeline architecture (e.g. Airflow, dbt)
- Acquaintance with CI/CD systems (e.g. GitHub) and agile development processes (e.g. Kanban, Jira)
- Demonstrated ability of using analytics to achieve measurable business results
- Professional communication skills with the ability to simplify and share succinctly
- Powerful willingness to challenge assumptions and think outside the box as well as a pronounced hands-on mentality
- Strong hands-on SQL skills. Coding experience in Python or R are a strong plus
- Experience with mobile freemium/subscription businesses is an advantage
- Very good command of English, both spoken and written – German is a plus
- Willingness to travel to the relevant office locations in Dresden and Berlin as needed
Head of Analytics (m/f/d)
The Analytics team at LOVOO is passionate about bringing together people and data.
On our app, we spark millions of new human connections every day. We gain a deep understanding of our users to improve their experience. We leverage massive amounts of data to inform critical product and business decisions. We constantly develop our toolset to deliver actionable insights and recommendations. We are a team of highly skilled Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Analytics Engineers, working together between two locations (Dresden, Berlin). We have years of experience collaborating remotely. And we are looking for YOU to join us as Head of Analytics!
Especially in the current pandemic situation, it is important for us to protect our employees as best as possible. We regularly monitor and assess the current situation to decide whether to work fully remote or with a hybrid model, depending on the incidence. Even though we want to maintain our comprehensive home office concept in post-COVID times, a regular exchange on site with other team colleagues in our beautiful offices is very important to us. Therefore, please note that the advertised position is not a 100% remote position in the future. The advertised positions are intended for the respective locations mentioned in the job posting (Dresden, Berlin, or both).
If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us. You can find the contact details below the job advertisements.
We work shoulder to shoulder towards our shared vision and encourage people of color, trans people, queer, gay and non-binary people, and those with disabilities to apply to join our team. Everyone is welcome at LOVOO. If you like, you can include your pronoun in your application (e.g. he, she, they).
What you can expect
- Full ownership of the analytics strategy to ensure every department – Product Development, User Acquisition, Finance, and more – can make data-informed decisions and improve their performance
- Leading a team of Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers technically as well as with personnel responsibility, including building a high-performance team through recruiting as well as through personal and professional development of the team members
- Owning the development and governance of our data warehouse, data models, metrics, and analytics tooling
- Working closely together with Stakeholders and driving the use of analytics and data-informed thinking across both, the business and the investors
- Close collaboration with our Management, VPs as well as collaboration with other sister companies in ParshipMeet Group (as and when required)