Android Engineer (m/f/d)
Our LOVOO Android chapter is strongly passionate about finding the latest technologies in order to ensure the best possible experience for their everyday development and our users in the app. The team is committed to continuous refactoring to write our app entirely in Kotlin (71,5% are already achieved – yay). Fragments, ConstraintLayout, Coroutines and ViewModel are few of what our Android chapter likes using almost everyday.
You also have a weakness for Kotlin, you are enthusiastic about the latest Android technologies and you love to work in an agile cross-functional and international team? Apply now and become a part of our LOVOO Android chapter!
Especially in the current pandemic situation, it is important for us to protect our employees as best as possible. We regularly monitor and assess the current situation to decide whether to work fully remote or with a hybrid model, depending on the incidence. Even though we want to maintain our comprehensive home office concept in post-COVID times, a regular exchange on site with other team colleagues in our beautiful offices is very important to us. Therefore, please note that the advertised position is not a 100% remote position in the future. The advertised positions are intended for the respective locations mentioned in the job posting (Dresden, Berlin, or both).
If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us. You can find the contact details below the job advertisements.
We work shoulder to shoulder towards our shared vision and encourage people of color, trans people, queer, gay and non-binary people, and those with disabilities to apply to join our team. Everyone is welcome at LOVOO. If you like, you can include your pronoun in your application (e.g. he, she, they).
What you can expect
- Concept, modeling and realization of the LOVOO Android app
- Contribute your ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product and chapter
- Ensure all written code is on a high quality level, scalable, and performant according to our LOVOO standards
- Full responsibility for the refactoring and improvement of our existing code base
- Implementation of a great UI while taking UX best practices as well as platform-specific design guidelines into account
- At least two years of professional experience as native Android Developer (m/f/d) and a familiarity with developing Android apps in Kotlin
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience in writing unit and/or UI tests using Junit, Mockito, etc.
- Practical experience in agile software development (Scrum/Kanban) and ideally also with working in a cross-functional team
- A mindset focused on code performance & quality
- Interest in open source as well as a willingness to learn new technologies
- Independent, targeted and structured way of working as well as a great team player mentality
- Very good command of English, verbally as well as in writing, German is a plus