(Junior) Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
We are looking for a knowledge-thirsty Backend Engineer (m/f/d) who will join one of our international cross-functional Product teams – team NaN. The team is currently working on a new service to manage all the in-app products in an easier way. And as the team name implies, the team maintains also the services which handle the purchases, credits, and subscriptions for us.
Besides that our team NaN is working all together to also establish a gRPC communication between the app and the backend to get rid of REST-API.
Do you also like numbers? Then apply now.
What you can expect
- Own the full lifecycle of specific features and product areas from design to release
- Program mostly in Go within a group of experienced Developers committed to learning, sharing and continual improvement to fulfill our goals
- Working with data on a high scale in a microservice and event-based architecture
- Participation from the software architecture design and selection of technologies to implementation of new services in cooperation with our Mobile and Quality Assurance Engineers
- Constant monitoring and improvement of our existing backend services with a high demand for a smooth implementation
- Possibility to attend at conferences and further education through online courses and trainings
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- Experience in working with relational databases and non-relational data stores
- Strong programming skills in one or more backend languages such as Go, PHP, Python, C++, C#, or Ruby
- Proficiency in git, Docker and containers
- A high passion for software quality, including testing, code review, and documentation
- Solid understanding of Go, including common tools and best practices as well as a knowledge of Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with GCP – Google Cloud Platform or any other Cloud Provider, Terraform, and CI/CD tools are highly desirable
- Comprehension of gRPC web service design, implementation and maintenance are a strong plus
- Reliable and structured way of working as well as team player mentality
- Good eyes for details and pleasure in working in a cross-functional environment
- Very good written and spoken English skills